Who We Are
Friends of the Morgan Hill Senior Center is a named fund of the Morgan Hill Community Foundation. The advisory committee for this fund consists of a group of volunteers who are committed to raising money to sustain, grow and develop Morgan Hill's Centennial Recreation Senior Center. One member of the advisory committee sits on the board of directors of the Morgan Hill Community Foundation.
Friends of the Morgan Hill Senior Center is part of the Morgan Hill Community Foundation, a tax-exempt 501c3 public charity focused on improving the quality of life in the greater Morgan Hill region.
To increase financial resources available to the Centennial Recreation Senior Center to maintain programs and services to our seniors, maintain senior center hours of operation, maintain staffing hours, add new programs and ensure financial stability for the future.
What We Do
1. Community Awareness - Seek and take advantage of opportunities to make more of the community aware of the senior center and how it benefits the community and our seniors.
2. Fund Raising - Plan and implement ongoing fund raising activities such as Associate Memberships as well as major fund raising events. We encourage you to become an Associate Member. Click here for more information.
3. Sponsorships / Partnerships - Actively seek and obtains sponsorships and partnerships from local businesses, corporations and aging related organizations.
4. Endowment Growth - Use available resources to plan and implement a strategy to grow the Centennial Recreation Senior Center Endowment (Nakano Trust) held at the Morgan Hill Community Foundation.
5. Grant Research - Search for and identify applicable grants which would support existing or new programs. Identify and engage grant writing resources.